Is Car Tracking Beneficial for South African Drivers?
Learn about the wide range of benefits you can enjoy through vehicle tracking and which tracking unit would be best for your needs. Find out why car tracking is so important and how to get the best tracker for you today.
What is Car Tracking for Vehicle Owners in South Africa?
Car Tracking is the process of monitoring the location of a vehicle. It can be used as a security measure, to monitor the whereabouts of a company vehicle, or to help find a stolen car.
In South Africa, car tracking is becoming increasingly popular among vehicle owners. Car tracking devices are used in order to monitor the location and movement of cars. They are often used by companies that have company vehicles, as well as by individuals with their own vehicles who want to keep track of where their cars are at all times.
Why is Car Tracking Important?
The need for car tracking is not a new concept. It has been around for decades. However, it has seen a resurgence in recent years with the growing popularity of the internet of things and more consumers wanting to monitor their vehicles.
Car tracking is important because it provides peace of mind to vehicle owners. It also helps law enforcement officials and insurance companies track stolen vehicles or those involved in accidents.
How Often Are Cars Stolen in South Africa?
Car theft is a common crime in South Africa. It is a criminal offence, which can result in arrest and conviction. This crime can be defined as the act of stealing a motor vehicle that has been parked or left unattended, with the intention of permanently depriving the owner of it, or with the intention of using it as a temporary means of transportation.
It is usually carried out by breaking into the car and hot-wiring it to drive away. Some people steal cars for joy riding while others steal them because they have no other means of transportation. In South Africa, car syndicates even exist, that may steal a vehicle for the purpose of resale.
Cars are often stolen because they are easy to sell on the black market where there are few questions asked about how the car was obtained. Since car theft is rampant in South Africa, getting protection against this crime is important.
How Can a Car Tracker Help Protect Against Theft?
A car tracker can help protect against theft by letting you know when your car is being moved. It will also show the location of your car and give you an accurate reading of how fast it is moving. This information can help law enforcement find the vehicle, as well as enable you to track it in real time if necessary.
What is a GPS Tracker for Vehicle Recovery?
A GPS tracker for cars is a device that will allow you to locate your vehicle at all times. The device is installed in the interior of your vehicle and can be used to track it on a map or through an app on your phone. They should be installed by professionals because they are complex and require some technical knowledge to install properly.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Car Tracker?
Car trackers are used in many ways. Some people use them to monitor their car’s current location and movement, and some people use them for security purposes. Some of the benefits of using a car tracker are as follows:
- Real-Time Locations. You can monitor your car’s exact location with constant locations telematics, through satellite networks, or through a cellular network.
- Vehicle Recovery. You can find a lost or stolen car and often recover it through a reliable network built by the tracking company that includes a network of recovery agents and teams around the country.
- Peace of Mind. It provides peace of mind for car owners, especially owners of expensive vehicles or those who have children.
- Deter Motor Vehicle Theft. It can deter theft, especially if the thieves become aware of the existence of vehicle tracking they cannot thwart.
- Lower Insurance Cost. You can save on monthly premiums because your insurance provider may lower your risk profile.
Which Tracking Unit is Best for Me?
To find the best tracking devices to suit your needs, it is a good idea to compare features. Different tracking companies offer different benefits, features, costs, and terms and conditions. Some come with a smartphone app, while others offer only passive tracking.
If you want a comprehensive service option, it is likely going to cost more. Here are some of the features you could enjoy, depending on the tracking unit you choose:
- -Real-time tracking that delivers the vehicle location at any time
- Real-time alerts for high-risk areas and more
- Impact detection and harsh braking detection
- Theft detection
- Park jamming alert
- AI cameras
- Car telematics like engine RPM, speed, hand fuel consumption
- Vehicle recovery services or theft retrieval
- Accident assistance and roadside assistance
- A trip logbook
- Rollover detection
- Standalone software